1. What type of house should I live in?

Foreigners who seeks to carry out activities beyond the limits of their current visa status (hereafter "unauthorized activities"), without changing their status of stay must receive permission to do so prior to actually engaging in the said activity. Should the aforementioned activities become the main purpose of their stay, such permission will not be granted, and they must therefore re-enter with a new visa or apply to change their status of stay. Those with single-entry visa for less than 90 days of stay are not permitted to carry out unauthorized activities.

2. How short is the short term lease?

If it is less than a year, it is defined as too short to rent an "Apartments", "Villa", "House" and "Officetel". "Serviced Residence" welcomes house seekers who are willing to stay in Korea more than 30 days, but less than a year. Rates can be discounted if staying a month. Rates vary in accordance with each offer from many different Serviced Residence hotels in Korea. If you need more detail, please contact our consultants now.

3. Which town is the best to live?

Itaewon, Hannam-dong and UN Village are Korea's well-known multi-cultural towns, where interesting shops, gourmet restaurants and other facilities are built close to a residential area. Since these regions have a long history as a visitors' favourite place, the atmosphere is foreigner-friendly. There are many embassies from various nations and the US Army Base. However, as a travelling time is now saved much more with Seoul's well-constructed public transportation system, it really depends on your choice now. Recently, Gangnam (in Southern Seoul), Bundang (in Gyeonggi Province; Just outside of Seoul) and other areas are founded popular for many foreign visitors and residents.

4. How big is the apartments? (No. of bedrooms/ bathrooms?)

The majority of Koreans live in 30-40pyeong (approx. 100㎡-130㎡) apartments with two to three bedrooms and one to two bathrooms, if middle class. However, it is difficult to say how big houses foreign expatriates and their family may choose to live in, because it depends on customers' changing circumstances and preferences as well. In practice, the size of apartments ranges from 30 to 100 pyeong (approx. 100㎡-330㎡).

5. Can I choose a furnished apartments?

Yes, you can choose a house with furniture. In general, an air conditioner, a washing machine, are a refrigerator are offered as necessities. Fully furnished apartments with all you need can be found many as well.

6. Can I choose apartments with fully equipped facilities such as gym and swimming pool?

Currently, among newly constructed high-rise apartments, residents might have a free access to a gym, a swimming pool and other shops and restaurants.

7. Why do I need a realtor?

We are fully recognized and legitimate realtors, and expertise in real estate market. We work as a professional adviser in your searching for a decent house. In the process of contract, you can count on us for your legally approved property rights, because we sincerely work as a legal witness in documentation. And we help you adopt yourself to a new environment in Korea, offering all the necessary living information.

8. How does my contract proceed?

1) Gathering Information Our consultants will talk to you directly about your preferences, and then collect the appropriate information to list up the best properties.
2) House Inspection Our consultants will guide you to many places in accordance with your preferences.
3) Negotiation Our consultants will adjust the opinions between the probable tenant and the property owner.
4) Documentation Our consultants will prepare all the legal documentation to help finding all the rights and duties of all parties.
5) Confirmation of a contract Our consultants have all parties a signature, for the agreement need a signature from all parties, in order to be legally binding.
6) Pre-Inspection for Already Existing Damage Before moving in, the property must be carefully inspected to check any damage that the current tenant is not responsible for.
7) Post-Inspection for Damage Caused Before moving out, the property must be carefully inspected to check if any damage has been caused. If so, the current tenant must have an financial obligation, or must make an action to change those that are damaged in status ante.
8) Clearing all the bills: Before moving-out, the tenant must clear all the bills that are due on the finishing date of the contract. In practice, tenants can clear all the bills on the same day of moving-out.
9) Moving Out: When the contract ends, the tenants will leave a house, which is supposed to be all in status ante.

9. How much do I pay rent?

The cost might vary in accordance with size of a house, a building quality, proxy to public transport and many other factors. If you need more information, please contact our consultants now.

10. How often should I pay rent?

Monthly payment, one or two year advance payment are commonly made.

11. How good is the average building security in Korea?

Except the private house, all the residential building complex have a 24 hour Guarding system/ Fire alarm/ Gas leak detector, in order to secure tenant's safety.

12. If I have any problem in the house, then who must I speak to?

You can contact a maintenance officer in your property, you can call us if any communication problem occurs. Or, if no one is in charge, you can directly speak to our consultants. Our consultants can help you communication between the repairer, the lessor, and the lessee.

13. Do I must have a property insurance?

Lessors often have a property insurance against fire. For the theft insurance to protect your belongings, please have a look at the insurance page on our web, and contact our consultants.

14. How do I throw away the garbage?

Korea is very strict on throwing away. Every tenant is responsible for recycling every materials they abandon. Not many houses have a built-in food waste disposer in Korea. Therefore, waste disposal has to be carefully concerned. Average Koreans often have a box at home to collect plastic, glass, and paper materials, separate from a small plastic basket for collecting and drying food wastes only.

Furniture Rental

1. What packages do you have?

AceRent offers you a variety of packages for you to have a broader selection. Please check our web site first and make a request form through the "request" tab on your left.

2. How would I make a request form?

Please find the "request" tab on your left, and follow the directions.

3. How is the process going after application?

At the moment of your electronic payment is made through a bank transfer, we deliver you furniture within one or two days.

4. Is there any landlord who provides a fully furnished house?

Yes, there are many. You can choose a fully furnished house at the time when your housing contract agreement is made.

5. How furnished do you consider as "fully furnished mean"?

In our field, fully furnished house often includes a built-in air-conditioner, a built-in wardrobe, a washing machine, and a refrigerator at minimum. But the furniture pieces may differ under various circumstances. It could be more or less, as it depends how much a lessor is able to provide to a lessee, at the time of housing contract made.

6. Do you offer electronic appliances as well?

Our package includes LCD TV and its stand. Other appliances such as a personal laptop are something that you can discuss with your landlord, at the time of your housing contract agreement.

7. How's the quality of your furniture?

Our furniture dealer has more than 10 years of working experience in this field and has long been worked with us, based on our trust. The dealer offers more flexible package deals at more reasonable price than any other. The quality furniture is guaranteed. If any defect is founded before using, we will replace them.

8. What if I found some defects in using rental furniture?

If delivered furniture are founded to be defected, we will replace them for you.

9. What if I cause a damage to rental furniture?

If any serious damages, which are not founded to be internal problems of furniture or which are not founded at the time of our agreement, caused, then the user must have an obligation to make financial compensation to the furniture provider.

Serviced Residence

1. What is a serviced residence?

Serviced apartment is a residential apartment with hotel-like facilities and services. Short-term visitors who stays less than a year in Korea can use this type of accommodation. It features the same as average apartments, having separate rooms from kitchen and living room. It guarantees 24-hour security system, individual air-conditioning, and comfortable room services such as cleaning. You may have an access to facilities like sauna and swimming pool as well.

2. Is serviced apartment common in Korea?

Yes. Since Seoul has significantly grown as a global city, a number of foreign visitors has increased a lot. Many has opened recently. Our homepage shows number of serviced residences in Northern Seoul, Southern Seoul parts and Other parts of Seoul. Please check our lists.

3. How different is the serviced residences from hotels in terms of rates and services?

It depends on your choice of serviced residences, but in practice, serviced residence has more economical options. Furthermore, you can enjoy hotel-like services such as breakfasts, maiden services, room services, hotel lounge access and sports facility access, while staying serviced residences. But, it can vary under different circumstances, in accordance with your choice. Please check our web site.

4. Would they charge me extra, besides the room rates?

Yes. Hotels and serviced residences may charge you VAT (value added tax). But, it is reasonable, considering the fact that a private house or an apartment needs you to pay for building maintenance and utility fees, which include garbage cleaning fee, building cleaning fee, management fee, electricity, water and more. Gas is separate.

5. Whereabout in Seoul do you have service residences?

In many different regions, various serviced residences serve customers in Seoul. You can choose one near to your preferable region. Our web site lists up many into 3 distinguishable parts; North, South and Other Regions. Please check details from our web site.

6. What services do they provide?

It depends on where you are staying. Basically, average serviced residences provide 24-hour security system, maiden services (bedsheet & towel changes, vacuuming, etc), breakfast buffet, internet services, room services for food, water and call-a-taxi services at reception.

7. Is the longer the better?

Yes. If you stay more than 30 days in the same place, you can have a discount. Discounted rates can vary in accordance with the number of customers at the time of your stay and the company bylaws. Please contact our consultants through

8. Is the serviced residence popular among foreigner visitors?

Yes. Serviced residences are comparably new to the hotels with a long history in Seoul. But, the building facilities are more modern and cleaner, and most of them are affiliates of famous hotels so that the quality services are guaranteed.

9. How do I make a reservation?

Please examine our lists, and send us a request form through the "Request" tab on your left. Our consultants will contact you as soon as possible.

Relocation Services

1. What is Relocation Service?

We help foreign expatriates to acclimate themselves to a new environment in Seoul, Korea, offering survival tips and general information about a society, culture and more. We offer a look-see trip to give you general idea of a landscape in close vicinity to your probable home, and give you document assistance in terms of obtaining alien registration card, etc, apart from home search.

2. How is the procedure going?

We search your home in accordance with your preferences, accompanying with a look-see trip, and document assistance that is necessary to obtain to live a perfect life in Seoul, Korea. We help you settled in, providing various programs, such as cross culture training, and property management. In the end, we help your departure, when our housing contract ends.

3. What kind of document assistance can I get?

We offer you document assistance in terms of changing visa type, obtaining alien registration card, and driver's license in Seoul, Korea.

4. What kind of help can I get?

We offer you necessary communication in house maintenance, by translating words in between you, your landlord, a building maintenance officer and a repairer. Also, we arrange a prepaid mobile phone services, rental furniture services, serviced residence services, and more, in case you might need those services in hand.

Alien Registration

1. What is Alien Registration Card?

Alien Registration Card (ARC) refers to the identity card that non-Koreans must obtain, if he or she intends to stay more than 90 days in Korea.

2. Do I must gain Alien Registration Card?

A1-3, D1, D6, F1, F3, G1 Visa holders do not need to apply for the Alien Registration Card. Please check our homepage for details.

3. How do I obtain Alien Registration Card?

Submit your applicable documents to the immigration office or the branch office under a relevant jurisdiction.

4. What kind of documents should I prepare?

Application form, Passport, one color photo (3cm x 4cm) is necessary.

5. When can I receive my card after application?

It depends on each applicant. If has no serious problem in your visa status, they will mail your card within 3 days after granting a permission.

6. How is the process going?

After submission of your application form at the immigration office/ the branch, the officers will examine your qualification. Then, they will issue your card.

7. How much is the process fee?

It charges you KRW 10,000 for the Government Revenue Stamp. You need to pay it in the process of submitting your application form.

8. What sort of obligations do I must fulfil?

You have various reporting obligations. In general, if any information written on your card has changed, you have an obligation to report back to the immigration office or the branch within 14days that the change has occurred. Please check our homepage for more details.

9. What should I do if I lose my card?

You need to apply for the re-issuance of the card at the local immigration office. A passport, an application form, a document stating reason for re-issuance application, and 1 color photo (3cm x 4cm) are compulsory. The office charges you KRW 10,000 for Government Revenue Stamp.

10. What should I do if my card is broken?

If your card has been damaged, please go to the local immigration office. Applicants must prepare documents such as a passport, an application form, your broken card and 1 color photo (3cm x 4cm). The office charges you KRW 10,000 for Government Revenue Stamp.

11. How can I renew my card?

If you would like to renew your card, please go to the local immigration office. Applicants must prepare a passport, an application form, your broken card and 1 color photo (3cm x 4cm). The office charges you KRW 10,000 for Government Revenue Stamp.

12. What if I am 16 going on 17?

If you become 17 years old, you must obtain your Alien Registration Card under your name. Please go to your immigration office and submit your application form. You must prepare all the necessary documents, such as a passport, 1 color photo and so on.

Foreign School

1. How many foreign schools do you have in Korea?

AceRent selects 17 very prestigious schools among many in Korea, offering better educational chances to foreign expatriates and family members.

2. How is the national ratio of students in general?

It depends on various circumstances in accordance with each school. Majority of students mainly have a studying experience, in English background countries, and European countries, as most schools provide curriculums in English as the first language. The national ratio of students shows a variety, but many Korean nationals also attend, if one of his/her parent is foreign national.

3. What other languages do the foreign schools provide?

Some schools exclusively provide their curriculums in different languages such as French, German, Chinese, and Japanese, other than English.

4. Do the foreign schools have ESL classes?

Yes. Some schools have.

5. How would my children commute from a far distance?

Almost all schools have a well-designed school bus system. Annual bus fee is normally separate from tuition and other fees.

6. What about the age limit?

It varies depending on which school you might select. Majority of schools accept children aged from 6 to students aged 18.

7. How much is the tuition?

It depends on each school. You can check our hompage for more details. If you need consultation, please contact our conlsultants.

8. What about other fees besides the tuition?

Many schools commonly charge you the admission fee, the registration fee, and annual bus fee, besides the tuition. However, you have to examine each case of schools, as it varies under different principles and financial history of schools.

9. When does a school open?

Majority of schools open in March or September, but it depends on each circumstance. Please contact our consultants for more details.

10. What documents should I prepare for admission?

You may need an application form, a copy of passport, 2 portrait photos, the confirmation documents for vaccination, personal medical history including TB Skin Test, and sealed teacher recommendation. It can vary under different circumstances.

11. How big is the school?

It depends on each school. If you need more details, please contact our consultants.

12. Which schools are more tolerant of religious students in Korea?

Rainbow International School is the muslim-safe school, where muslim students can have religious activities, at their convenience. Schools also provide Halal food, and a small prayer room for students.